01 February 2009

Bertie Beetle Comes to Stay

So our car broke down on the weekend. Nice one! It was a hot day and we had to walk the rest of the way to our intended destination. Forced exercise in the heat is not nice! When we broke down we assumed 'little red' (our bombie, but little goer of a car) had ran out of petrol, but nay as big man in flourescent overall later confirmed. So as I wasted my time traipsing to the nearest servo to buy outrageously priced tin, funnel from another shop and then had to fill the stupid tin with even more outrageously priced petrol only for the car still not to start - Ahhhhhh. And remember this is all in the stinking heat! I then rang the big man in flourescent overall (NRMA - breakdown service) and he informed me, with a dire look on his face, that it will all have to be pulled apart - cha-ching. So poor little red had to get towed away to a better place or more expensive one anyway.

So meet Bertie beetle, as her owners call her. Bertie has kindly been lent to us as an interim car by our kindly friends Ruthie and Tim. How funny is this? So I finished my VW beetle linocut on Friday and by Sunday we had the exact beetle and colour in our hot little hands. Bizarre I know!
Maybe I should knock out a linocut of the car or sewing machine of my dreams and see what happens.

6 comments:

Mel @ Skye Rocket Sews said...

That's so funny!
well...I'm sure it wasn't at the time.
The universe is a strange,strange place!
Love the cushion,it's so fab!
Mel.x

Michelle said...

oh my i've gone to bettle heaven...
this is amazing...
I LOVE IT...
total lost for words...
it makes me want to go and find a "perfectly restored one" cause i know what there like...ha ha...
let me know when you have one finished for me...
as i think you will be sold out for sure...

Unknown said...

spooky coincidence. Are you sure you didn't accidently on purpose break the poor old thing?

Love Miss Luck said...

I want some!!! They are so great!!!

Unknown said...

Twilight Zone stuff . Still both bugs look great .
clares craftroom

Amy C said...

oh my what a nightmare - I am glad you got your little friend to work again, I love the pictures of cushion and car united, it looks so fab.
I still would rather have our car break down in major heat than major cold last Monday it was Minus 20 and super windy - sucksville!